a judge ordered return of mistakenly deported Maryland man
Digest more
Top News
Reactions and opinions
DHS Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin repeated the Trump administration's claims that Garcia is an MS-13 gang member in a statement after the ruling.
From NBC News
“This was an illegal act,” U.S. District Judge Paula Xinis of Maryland said of the deportation of Kilmar Abrego Garcia.
From USA Today
Read more on News Digest
A federal judge in San Francisco rebuffed the Trump administration again in a major immigration case on Friday, saying he is sticking to his decision to stop the government’s revocation of deportation protections this month for hundreds of thousands of Venezuelans in Florida and other states.
2don MSN
A Maryland judge ordered the Trump administration to reinstate thousands of probationary employees slashed from the federal workforce, stopping short of a nationwide injunction previously used against the White House.
The order for the funds’ temporary restoration came after nonprofit groups challenged the government’s decision to cut funding for legal services for unaccompanied children arriving in the United States.
1don MSN
A federal judge says the Trump administration may have “acted in bad faith” by trying to rush Venezuelan migrants out of the country before a court could step in to block their deportations to El Salvador.
Criminal corruption charges against New York City Mayor Eric Adams were dismissed by a federal judge Wednesday after the Trump administration ordered the Department of Justice to drop the case.
A federal judge ordered to postpone DHS Secretary Kristi Noem's order to terminate the temporary protected status of hundreds of thousands of Venezuelan migrants.
The lawsuit says the loss of money, which was mostly used for COVID-related initiatives and for mental health and substance use efforts, would devastate public health infrastructure.
A federal judge agreed to let the U.S. Department of Justice end its prosecution of two former Cognizant Technology Solutions executives, the first time the department publicly abandoned a foreign bribery case since President Donald Trump halted enforcement of a key anti-bribery law.